Thank you for supporting cervical cancer research.
This is the first large scale clinical trial internationally to assess these screening tests in an HPV vaccinated population.
Primary HPV DNA testing has been reviewed and endorsed as a primary cervical screening method by the International Agency for Research on Cancer.A number of large scale randomised controlled trials of primary HPV DNA screening have found that HPV screening is more sensitive in detecting precancerous lesions than cytology-based screening and that it can safely be conducted at a longer interval (see fig 1). However to date there have been no specific trials that support primary HPV DNA testing for cervical screening in the Australian context.
To learn more about Compass, the new National Cervical Screening Program and gain 40 QI&CPD points, please sign up for an education session
For more information, please contact a VCS Pathology Liaison Physician on 03 9250 0300.
Fig 1. Kaplan-Meier plots of cumulative incidence rate for CIN3+ for women according to baseline test results in first 72 months of follow-up, excluding Denmark and Tübingen.
Dillner J et al. BMJ 2008;337:bmj.a1754 ©2008 by British Medical Journal Publishing Group
Compass in Renewal
- Letter to practitioners – Compass recruitment continues beyond December 2017
Practice Recruitment Pack
- Register your practice – Practice trial recruitment form
- Insurance information – notifying your insurance provider
- Patient recruitment guide and sampling instructions – an overview of participant eligibility, consent and taking samples
- Compass consent form – pathology request and patient consent form
- Consumables order form – order specimen collection consumables
- Adverse events reporting – to ensure the safety of participants.
- Trial Information for Practitioners and Clinics – key information about the trial
- Compass Main Trial Protocol – important reference material for participating practices
- Practitioner information sheet – trial background information and flow chart
- Information sheets – Participant information sheets and consent forms translated into various major languages are available upon request.